As 2019 begins, companies continue to face global uncertainty, marked by volatility in the capital markets and global instability. And while change is inevitable, what has been particularly challenging as we enter this new year is the frenzied pace of change, from societal expectations for how companies should operate, to new regulatory requirements, to the evolving global standards for conducting business.
As companies navigate how to adapt, they are being held to increasingly higher standards in executing a coherent, thoughtful and profitable long-term strategy in this ever-evolving landscape. This memorandum identifies the issues across a number of different areas on which boards of directors, together with management, should be most focused.
We invite you to review these topics by clicking on the links below.
For a PDF of the full memorandum, please click here.
- Diversity Considerations
- Human Capital Management Moves to the Front Lines
- Among the Many Risks Boards Manage, Don’t Forget CEO Risk
- Opportunities and Challenges for Compensation Committees
Regulation of New Technologies
Looking Ahead at Mergers & Acquisitions in 2019
- Risks to the Buyer of Fiduciary Duty Breaches by the Target in the M&A Sale Process
- The Challenge of Internal Forecasts for Directors in the M&A Context
- Antitrust Enforcement in the United States, Europe and China
- CFIUS Enters a New Landscape
- United Kingdom Government Intervention on National Security Grounds